Please note all New York Study Away students have received a message from the Office of Housing and Residential Life to Apply for housing for Fall 2017. Below are some key points to keep in mind when completing the application. Please note you must reserve your spot in the program before the housing application is available to you on the Housing Portal.
- Phase 1 starts Monday, March 6th and ends Friday, March 10th at 5:00pm EST. It is during Phase 1 that you may form roommate groups, designate a gender assignment preference, and apply for special interest housing. The application is available through NYU Home.
- Please keep in mind the due date of March 10th at 5:00pm ESTand be sure you complete your housing application on time.
- Please read the Study Away Student Housing FAQs that will help answer your questions and clarify policies about the housing process.
- Read here for further details on Special Interest Housing
- You can also may consult the following website for other key components for the housing process: https://www.nyu.edu/students/student-information-and-resources/housing-and-dining/on-campus-living/application-and-assignments/reapp/terms-of-participation.html
It is very important when forming your roommate groups that your group leader has internet access during your assigned Phase 2 room selection times (this will be available after the completion of Phase 1) . The Group Leader is responsible for selecting a room on behalf of their roommate group. Phase 2 is March 24 – March 29 2017. Please consult your school calendar to determine if you are on spring break that week.
Questions regarding the housing application process should be directed to Hasanthi Piyasena at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not directly contact the Office of Residential Life and Housing Services in New York.