The Inter-Residence Hall Council (IRHC) is the umbrella organization for all hall councils, student organizations within each residence hall at NYU. The IRHC promotes community building, service and advocacy for the 12,000 residents on campus as well as the NYU community at large.
IRHC is comprised of several committees, which include:
- Events: designs and executes programs for the residential and greater NYU community.
- Co-sponsorship: provides monetary support for programs benefiting the NYU community.
- Service: provides service opportunities to the NYU community.
- Communications: oversees marketing and social media.
- Advocacy: seeks to improve the residential experience for NYU residents.
- Conference: serves as the liaison with the NACURH (NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF COLLEGE AND UNIVERSITY RESIDENCE HALLS).