Don’t leave for New York without your Arrival Cheat Sheet! It contains helpful information about navigating the airport, getting to your housing assignment, and NYU New York contact information. Please provide a copy of this document to your family.
Here are some other things to keep in mind:
- Know the time difference between your hometown and (site), and discuss a communication plan with your friends and family
- Know what to expect for meal costs in your host location (link to any helpful site/document for your site)
- Check the exchange rate for your host country’s currency regularly
- Purchase any necessary voltage convertors and/or adaptors.
And remember these tips from our First Time Traveler Post. (They’re actually quite good for everyone!)
All currently matriculated NYU students and all other members of the University community are invited to audition for NYU Steinhardt Classical, Jazz, and Vocal Ensembles!
Sign up now to select the best audition time for you!
Visit our Ensembles page to learn everything you need to know, sign up for auditions, and reach out to ensemble contacts.
Auditions are mandatory for all classical instrumental performance majors.
We hope you can join us!
The Department of Public Safety, in partnership with SuperShuttle, provides shuttle services between NYU Residence Halls or Kimmel Center and LaGuardia and JFK International airports to NYU community members (students, faculty, and staff) for a flat rate of $20 to NYU and $18 returning to the airport. The Service is available prior to and after major University breaks. Your airport ride is guaranteed to fit your scheduled flight and desired airport arrival time so long as the seat is purchased before the service period deadline (deadlines can be found below). Click here to reserve space on a shuttle. THE RESERVATION DEADLINE IS AUGUST 17, SO PLEASE SIGN UP ASAP!!!!
NYU New York’s residence halls DO NOT provide bedding for students. To help you to transition to New York for the fall, the Office of Residential Life and Housing Services will allow students to order bedding in advance from Residence Hall Linens and ship purchases to NYU for pick up upon arrival in New York. Please note that if you elect to ship your linens in advance to your fall residence hall you must abide by the following:
- You may ONLY order and ship bedding in advance from the company Residence Hall Linens. You may not ship pre-purchased bedding from your home or from a different vendor. The residence halls will ONLY accept packages in advance from Residence Hall Linens.
- Please list your NYU Residence Hall as your shipping address.
- You are responsible for purchasing your bedding with you own funds. Residence Hall Linens only accepts the following credit cards: Visa, MasterCard, Amex, and Discover.
- Residence Hall Linens only sells bedding in the size twin extra large. This is the correct size for the beds in the NY residence halls with the exception of Clark Street, where beds are standard twins (75 inch).
- When you arrive in New York, you will check in at your residence hall’s Resource Center. While checking in you should ask the staff at the Center about your package if you elect to ship bedding from Residence Hall Linens.
- You may purchase your bedding from Residence Hall Linens ONLY between July 27 and August 14.
- NEW! For shipping: choose Ship to Campus. For the field Room Number write “104” and for Campus Box write “19 Washington Square North.” We will internally distribute your bedding to your residence hall.
NOTE: Typically the residence halls will not allow students to ship items to the halls before arrival and check in. This is an exception, and as such you should not send any personal items in advance to the residence halls for pick up upon arrival. For further information see Mail and Package Services.
NYU’s Office of the Bursar has now sent out electronic bills (e-bills) to all registered students for the fall semester.
Bills are due by August 8th! If you have not received an e-bill (remember, this is only sent to your NYU email account), you can still access your e-bill as follows:
- Log into NYU Home (home.nyu.edu)
- Click on the Academics tab, then click on Albert Login
- Click on the “Student Center”
- Click on the “View Bursar Account” link located under the Finances menu
- This should link to the secure eSuite website
Although it is summer, there are still some items to complete leading up to your departure. This is also a great time to catch up if need be. Please take the time to review the below and take action where necessary. Note that some items are now PAST DUE. For more information about each item, please click the links:
[Past Due] Register for courses (12-18 credits)
[By August 1] Submit your flight details into the Study Away Confirmation Portal AND NYU Traveler
[By August 8] Pay your e-bill
The New York University Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender and Queer (LGBTQ) Student Center welcome all students to learn more about LGBTQ matters by offering a host of services, programs, and resources about LGBTQ services on campus and throughout New York City. The Center helps build community by connecting NYU community members through its space in the Kimmel Center, Room 602. There, students may come together and discuss LGBTQ issues faced on the NYU campuses or New York City.
The NYU Bursar will send bills via email on July 18. Please keep an eye on your NYU email account for your NYU New York bill. You can also log directly into eSuite to view your billing statements. These will be due in full by August 8.
Additionally, if you anticipate receiving any portion of your bill in the form of a refund, we recommend setting up direct deposit with NYU. Instructions on how to do so can be found on the Bursar’s website here.
Note: you can make your parents an “authorized user” of your e-bill account, if payments are typically made by them. For instructions on how to set this up, please see here. Questions about the e-billing process? View the Contact Us page on the Bursar’s website to reach out.
All students studying away are enrolled in international health coverage through GeoBlue.
GeoBlue Enrollment emails will only be sent to your NYU email address from your home campus Health Center. Do NOT delete this email! Keep an eye on your spam folder, as they sometimes end up there. Keep in mind you may already be enrolled in GeoBlue so the email you receive may be about your annual enrollment
Please submit your flight details through this form no later than August 1. This will allow staff directly in New York to keep an eye on flights to see if there are delays.
In addition, please also submit these into NYU Traveler, which goes directly to NYU Public Safety. It should only take you a few minutes and you can get started by taking the following steps:
If you have questions about filling out this form, please refer to this step-by-step guide. Should any technical problems present themselves while entering your information into NYU Traveler, you may contact email@example.com for assistance.